Best Chainsaw for Milling – Best Reviews And Buyer’s Guide
Sometime back, chainsaws used to be products designed for loggers and farmers. Currently, these are tools that homeowners use for various tasks including felling trees, trimming, cutting firewood, among others.
The biggest challenge that homeowners and beginners face once they have decided to buy a chainsaw is picking the right one from the different models available.
So, if you have been asking "which is the best model of chainsaw?" or "What are the features to look for when buying a chainsaw?" we have you covered. Read on and consider purchasing any of the best milling chainsaws below for the best user experience.
What Kind of Chain Saw Do I Need?
Before deciding to buy a chainsaw, you must determine the right kind to buy depending on your needs. So, should you purchase a gas chainsaw or an electric chainsaw?
If you want to handle demanding jobs (that is jobs that need a lot of power), then I recommend that you get a gas chainsaw since this model combines strength and mobility.
On the other hand, if your saw is for simple tasks such as trimming, light cutting, pruning, or other jobs that need less power, then opt for an electric chainsaw.
Top Reviews of Best Milling Chainsaws
#1. Husqvarna 460 Chainsaw
The answer to a powerful all-around saw suitable for jobs that require more power is the Husqvarna 460 Rancher chainsaw. The saw comes in a kit that includes a 24" bar/chain and extra WoodlandPRO Chain Loops. Because of this, you can rest assured to get it ready for cutting projects within a short time, and better yet, forget about the costs involved with getting a new chain to replace the worn out one.
Here are its features:
1. Powerful engine: The Husqvarna 460 Rancher features a 60.3 cc, 3.7 HP engine. The engine adopts an X-Torq technology. This technology helps to separate clean air from the fuel and air mixture. In turn, the chainsaw reduces its emissions and fuel consumption while increasing the performance for better results and efficiency.
2. Combined choke/stop control: Another feature of the Husqvarna 460 Rancher is the combined choke/Stop control. These features enhance easy starting while reducing the risk of engine flooding. As a result, the chainsaw is a perfect option for one that features a user-friendly and durable, and safe-to-use design.
3. Ergonomic design: To ensure efficiency when handling the most demanding jobs, you must get a chainsaw that features an ergonomic design, the reason I recommend Husqvarna 460 Rancher chainsaw. The saw features a 24" bar which requires lesser strength to control. Also, it features a lightweight design to enhance easy maneuverability and a padded handle to enhance a comfortable hold for hours.
4. Centrifugal air cleaning system: To ensure the extended performance of the chainsaw, there is a centrifugal air cleaning system. This system removes dust and debris before the particles reach the air filter. As a result, you can be sure to benefit from reduced air filter cleaning and improved engine life. Adding to that, the chainsaw includes a quick-release air filter. This means that when it is time to change the filter, you can be sure to do that quickly and with less effort.
#2. Black and Decker LCS1240 Chainsaw
All of us have different definitions for the perfect chainsaw for milling. If yours is something like a saw that is designed to help you prune branches and cut fallen limbs without much effort, I am glad to recommend the BLACK+DECKER LCS1240 Cordless Chainsaw.
The saw derives its power from a 40V MAX* 2.0Ah Battery which provides for over 60, 4 x 4 pine lumbar cuts after a single charge. Because of this, the saw is a perfect choice to a reliable chainsaw that eliminates the need for frequent charging so that you can complete the tasks ahead of you.
Here are its features:
1. 12" premium bar and chain: The LCS1240 features a 12" Oregon bar and chain. These features work together enabling you to benefit from smooth cuts within a short time. Adding to that, the Oregon bar adopts a low kick-back design. Because of this, you can expect to use the saw with an assurance of fewer kickback accidents.
2. Automatic oiling system: Aimed at letting you get a great and desirable user experience, the BLACK+DECKER incorporates an automated oiling system in the LCS1240 chainsaw. This design allows the machine to deliver constant bar and chain lubrication which means that you don't have to oil them manually.
3. Full-wrap around handle: Want to benefit from comfort and control when using a chainsaw? Well, the Black+Decker has you covered. The saw features a handle that wraps around your hand which means that you can concentrate on the milling projects rather than the debris that hits your hand when tackling the projects.
4. Lightweight: You do not want to deal with a heavy chainsaw, having in mind that you will have to hold it by hand when tackling the projects. That said, you will do yourself a favor once you get the BLACK+DECKER LCS1240 chainsaw. The saw features a lightweight design making it easy to use and maneuver.
How to Choose The Best Chainsaw For Milling?
So, what are the factors to consider when selecting a chainsaw so that you can pick the best model on the market?
Let's have a look.
#1. Tool-less chain adjustment:
You might be required to change the tension of the cutting chain as you switch from one task to another. Hence, pick a chainsaw that offers a tool-less chain adjustment to enhance fast and easy tension adjustments.
#2. Air cleaning feature:
Want to ensure that you get the best value for money? Well, get a chainsaw that includes this feature. An air-cleaning system helps to remove large pieces of debris before they can reach the filter. In return, this helps to extend the air filter's life and the engine's life.
#3. Anti-vibration feature:
If you want to benefit from comfort by reducing the amount of vibration reaching your hand, then you must get a saw that includes this feature. The anti-vibration design means lesser vibration which makes the saw comfortable while reducing fatigue.
#4. Automatic Oiler:
Another feature that makes the best chainsaw for milling is an automatic oiler. The oiler helps to lubricate the chain as you cut which means that you do not need to do that manually. In return, this design helps you benefit from safe and efficient cutting.
#5. Spring-assist starting:
If you want to buy a gasoline-powered chainsaw, this is a crucial point to consider. In this case, get a model that features a spring-assist starting to help reduce the amount of force required to start the saw.
There you have it, the best chainsaws for milling in 2019. Before picking the reviewed products, I recommend that you consider the included buyers guide and tie it up to the features that these saws offer so that you can get a saw designed to help you meet your goals with little effort.
As I conclude, I would like to recommend the Husqvarna 460 Rancher chainsaw for anyone looking for a powerful saw that will help you handle demanding tasks. Its powerful engine and ergonomic design allows you to handle challenging tasks fast and will less fatigue. In addition, the air cleaning system assures you of extending the engine's life for the best value for money.