So you own a chainsaw and it’s rocking your woodcutting experience. But after a certain period of time, you notice your chainsaw has worn out! The bar color just faded along the edges leaving you wondering what has gone wrong. You are not getting the proper RPM you were supposed to get? Well, this is because you are not using decent bar oil. Maybe the flow rate of the oil is not decent enough. That is why the chain and bar friction is cutting off your machine’s efficiency.
Some people use motor oil to lubricate their chainsaws. While motor oil is not a bad substitute now and then, but it’s not ideal for regular use. It can cause serious damage in the long run. The main concern for using lubricant is high viscosity. You see motor oil are not viscous enough whereas bar oils are specially designed to be viscous which adheres properly to the lubricated surface.
Now you seem convinced to use a bar oil, but there is a wide range of variety in chainsaw bar oil products. Which one should you go for? Well, Don’t get too distracted, let me help you there. I am going to review 7 best chainsaw bar oil with high viscosity which is obviously far better than motor oil.
What Is Chainsaw Bar Oil
Chainsaw operates at high speeds, heating up to 3500 RPM motors. The motor generates a substantial amount of friction between the chain and bar. Chainsaw bar oil is used to reduce the friction, helps prolong engine life chainsaw.
Top 7 Chainsaw Bar Oil Reviews
If you are looking for a lubricant that will extract maximum efficiency from your chainsaw’s engine, the Oregon 54-026 Chain Saw Bar And Chain Oil is what you need. The oil also reduces friction in the chains, which quickens the cutting time. Where you were taking ages to cut down a piece of wood, you will now saw through it with pleasure.
Let’s check out some of its features:
1. High film strength: The lubricant has a high film strength. That means it retains its strength and effectiveness in spite of load, speed, and temperature. This quality ensures the oil’s success in preventing the wear and tear of chain links and bars.
2. Built-in Tackiness: Most lubricants become drippy when temperatures are high. This chainsaw oil has a built-in tackiness that prevents it from “throwing off” even in extreme weather. The tackiness ensures the oil adheres wonderfully to the saw bar and chain.
This Bar & Chain Oil is of high quality and sticks to the bar very well. The oil comprises a premium blend of base stocks and tackifier additives which are guaranteed to reduce the high-speed throw-off that you find so annoying with other lubricants.
Some of its magnificent features are:
1. Suitable for all weather: The oil is safe to buy in all weather, even when it is scorching. You can rest assured that it won’t become super drippy. When you apply it to the bar or chain, it will not trickle off like a thin liquid. It will retain its viscosity.
2. Brings Longevity: The oil will enable you to squeeze out every drop of life within your chainsaw. When you use it regularly to maintain your saw, you extend the life of the saw’s bar, chain, and sprocket, and save yourself dollars you would have spent in repair or replacement.
Poulan Pro 952030203
The Poulan Pro 952030203 Bar and Chain Oil are Formulated for use by the logging industry, this oil helps prevent rust, resists high-temperatures, flows freely at low temperatures and has the ability to resist the extreme pressures bars and chains.
Here are its features:
1. Lasts longer than other oils: It lasts a bit longer than regular engine oil since metals are not entirely solid; they have tiny pores on them at the molecular level. This oil will penetrate the pores and remain there for quite a while. Therefore, you don't have to start from scratch with dry metal the next time you are about to use your chainsaw.
2. Pocket-friendly Price: This oil provides the experience of industrial lubrication at a pocket-friendly price. So if you are not someone who uses the top chainsaw on a regular basis but want to make the most out of your chainsaw, this one should be the right choice for you.
HUSQVARNA FOREST & GARDEN 610000161
Husqvarna Company is known for making the most reliable and durable products to take care of a multitude of outdoor needs. This premium quality Husqvarna product delivers excellent results, that will be sure to please.
Here are its features:
1. sticky and non-drippy: Where substandard oils will stick on the chain for a while before dripping off after you begin using, this one adheres correctly. It contains a blend of base stocks and tackifier additives that make it sticky and non-drippy.
2. Optimizes saw-cutting performance: If you are looking for something that will improve your speed of sawing, don’t pass by this chain oil. Reducing heat and friction, it optimizes the saw’s cutting performance. You might just double your productivity.
3. Extends the lifecycle of your machine: It extends the life cycle of your chainsaw’s chain, bar, and sprocket. Instead of succumbing quickly to wear and tear, your Husqvarna chainsaw will give you excellent performance for years to come, provided you keep lubricating it with this oil.
Sun Joe SWJ-OIL Chain Saw Bar Chain and Sprocket Oil
If you are not comfortable with highly priced premium bar oil but you want similar quality with low price then Sun Joe SWJ-OIL is the one you are looking for. This inexpensive bar, chain and sprocket oil reduces friction and prolongs the service life of not just bars but also chains and sprockets.
Some of its features are:
1. Prevents Rust and Temperature: It will prevent the bar and chain from the hurting rust that lessens the lifespan of your pole saw or chainsaw. On the other hand, the oil also helps to continue a normal temperature inside the bar and chain.
2. Makes Durable: The oil will build your bar, chain, and sprocket last for a long time. As a result, you will start to enjoy the feature along with the sawing jobs of day by day. It will build your saw durable one so that you can get service from it years after years.
Maxpower 337045 is a great oil and contains a lot of anti-corrosive additives which are sure to help keep your blade from getting rusted. This is quite a boon, especially for those of us working around the house where the thrown off oil risks getting on our possessions and ruining our clothing while we do something simple like chopping firewood.
Some of its features are:
1. Anti-corrosive additives: The oil contains loads of anti-wear additives which helps in preventing the metal surface from getting rusty.
2. Friendly price: This is a 1-gallon oil that saves a ton on cost. It’s quite a quality lube, and it's the kind that you get to use for a very long time. It also allows you to handle a good load of lumber in one go and it's pretty cheap.
NV Earth Biodegradable Bar & Chain Oil
NV Earth lubricants are part of a next-generation family of innovative and responsible products from Dynamic Green. If you are a big fan of green products, then you are going to love this one. NV Earth Lubricants are made with American grown seed oils, biodegradable, USDA BioPreferred and offer superior performance compared to standard petroleum-based products.
Here are some of its features:
1. High Tackiness: This biodegradable oil has a relatively low carbon footprint and offers high tackiness, which makes it sling around very rarely. It Flows nicely and keeps the chain cool and sharp.
And that would be all from our side. All the best chainsaw oil mentioned in this article works smoothly and gets the job done quite well. But if you have to choose one, then consider your chainsaw manufacturer’s recommendation first and try to use the oil produced by that same brand. It will be most suitable for that saw. For instance, a Husqvarna chainsaw is best served by the Husqvarna lubricants you have read about in this article.